Jakarta Capital Region, Indonesia, Southeast Asia
Peluang Kerja MANAGER HEALTH AND SAFETY at OTP Geothermal
* This job opening has been viewed 1075 times « Browse job list
Peluang Kerja MANAGER HEALTH AND SAFETY at OTP Geothermal
OTP Geothermal is an Indonesian joint venture company formed by Origin Energy Limited (Australia's leading integrated energy Company) and Tata Power (India's largest private sector power producer). OTP is developing the Sorik Marapi geothermal electricity generation project based on a 240MW resource in North Sumatra. OTP Geothermal is committed to provide clean, low carbon energy to fuel the growth of one of the most rapidly expanding economies in the world, whilst contributing also to the growth of social equity. The Company is looking for skilled, experienced and committed applicants to come on board now and help to build OTP into the best renewable energy Company in Indonesia.
MANAGER, ENGINEERING (POSITION CODE: ENG10)
The person in this position will direct, plan, organize, and control the OTP Engineering Department. The Department's charter will be to provide excellent engineering services for all of the Company's activities in order to ensure the completion of projects within budget and on time while complying with all of the Company's policies and procedures. This position will report to the General Manager Engineering.
1. Help at all times to build a strong safety culture within OTP - a culture in which safety Is the most important value, and within with no activities will be carried out unless they can be done safely.
2. Develop and organize long and short-term business plans for the OTP Engineering Department, including the creation and continuous review of the Department's annual budget.
3. Manage a team of professional engineers and support staff - set priorities, goals and milestones and measure performance.
4. Assist with the development and implementation of the Company's policies and procedures.
5. Take a lead role in OTP's conceptual engineering work.
6. Review design calculations, drawings, and specifications, In order to ensure compliance with company and government, national and international regulations, standards, and procedures.
7. Manage priorities and allocate resources within the Department.
8. Build and maintain constructive relationships with shareholders and external parties.
9. Manage professional development within the Department, and act as a mentor to less experienced staff.
10. Liaise closely with shareholders to ensure adequate and timely review, including peer review, of key engineering decisions, with a strong initial focus on successful completion of the Sorik Marapi Project (safely, on time, within budget).
MANAGER, PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS (POSITION CODE: PROC10)
Develop strategies supported by world class practices and procedures to manage the procurement process within OTP Geothermal. Manage the workflow related to procurement including expressions of interest, requests for proposals, tenders, negotiation and finalization of contracts and agreements, contract administration and management, purchase orders, expediting and logistics management, import/export and materials management. The person in this position will report to the Vice
President Procurement, Contract Management and Stakeholder Relations, and will be responsible for overseeing the Procurement and Logistics Department to ensure that all procurement activities are performed in an effective, efficient and ethical manner to support the Company's operational targets, at all times in compliance with the Company policy.
1. Develop a Procurement and Logistics strategy and policy manual to support the successful execution of the Sorik Marapi Project and other Company activities, with a strong focus on HSE, ethics, cost and efficiency.
2. Continuously communicate the Company's safety and environmental policies to contractors. Develop a contract HSE management system to ensure contractor compliance with Company HSE requirements.
3. Build and manage a strong Procurement and Logistics team.
4. Develop master lists as appropriate.
5. Build and maintain a database and systems to support the Company's procurement and logistics programs.
6. Manage the Company's procurement and logistics practices to the highest international standards and ensure compliance with all Indonesian laws and regulations.
7. Build and develop relationships with key suppliers.
8. Negotiate with contractors in order to ensure the best commercial and operational outcomes for the Company.
9 Manage and administer contracts and put in place systems to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions and all contractual obligations.
10. Manage contract risks and resolve disputes in a timely and professional manner.
11. Continually develop professional skills and expertise to support the growth of the Company
12. Plan, execute, and control the annual work program and budget for the Department, and track progress against agreed deliverables.
13. Develop key performance indicators to measure personal and team performance.
MANAGER, HEALTH AND SAFETY (POSITION CODE: HS10)
Maintaining the health and safety of OTP personnel and its contractors and ensuring the responsible stewardship of the environment we interact with, underpins the way we do business in OTP. This role will be responsible for the provision of advice, leadership and accountability associated with Health and Safety aspects of OTP. This role requires working closely with the project teams, environment, social and community teams to co-ordinate the H&S process, systems and deliverables. The role will also involve educating and mentoring project teams on H&S Standards and responsibilities.
1. Develop and implement H&S Strategy, which includes refinement of H&S risks, development of H&S plan and procedures.
2. Monitor and interpret relevant H&S legislation, policies and regulations in order to provide direction and advice to the projects which meet statutory and corporate objectives and responsibilities.
3. Provide advice and stewardship on H&S to the Project Management teams.
4. Direct and monitor preparation and issuance of safety and occupational health reports required by Government bodies to ensure that reports are prepared accurately and issued within the time frame.
5. Lead and or assist with incident investigations and incident close out-ensuring that incidents are investigated reporting on and that follow up action is taken.
6. Lead project teams in the development and Implementation of HSSE improvement plans.
7. Provide advisory, coaching and mentoring support to Project Managers and relevant employees.
8. Assess H&S in design requirements for all major projects.
9. Assist with risk reviews, through providing subject matter expertise.
10. Help eliminate or reduce the occurrence of unwanted, undesired events (injuries, illnesses, inappropriate health and safety behaviors and conditions).
11. Participate in emergency response or crisis management team exercises as required.
12. Provide H&S input to assurance and due diligence assessments and activities associated with projects and shareholders.
13. Work closely with other industry organizations and clients to ensure a common and consistent approach to HSE.
14. Review industry best practice; network with industry bodies, groups and adopt practices where practical that add value to the HSE Management System.
15. Promote a safe and responsible work place in accordance with the 1-15E policy.
• Bachelor Degree or higher in relevant Engineering with at least 15 years of experience in relevant field, preferably in Geothermal Industry. Those with Oil, Gas, and Mineral Mining Industries background will be considered and welcome to apply.
• Extensive knowledge of the industry in both the upstream and downstream aspects of a geothermal project and relevant Indonesian regulations.
• Must have a great deal of personal and professional integrity
• Forceful personality with leadership potential
• Persuasive and persistent
• Excellent communications skills in Bahasa and English, both spoken and written
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision and under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to provide high quality reports and other outputs
• Good initiative, team player, and well-developed interpersonal skills
• Mobile - must be able to travel regularly to site and other areas related to the business activities, including international travel
• Strong project management skills (ENG10, 11510)
• Extensive experience in contracting, contract management, contract negotiations with an ability to understand key technical as well as commercial issues
• Proven experience in working to agreed schedules and budgets (PROC10)
• Must be able to present findings and recommendations for peer review (PROC10)
• Sound negotiation skills and the ability to establish credibility with all parties (H510)
An attractive compensation and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. Qualified candidates are invited to apply at:
(Please state the position code you apply for in your e-mail subject)
Only qualified candidates will be processed.
Valid until: 28 July 2012.
Job keywords/tags: Peluang Kerja MANAGER HEALTH AND SAFETY , OTP Geothermal , Origin Energy Limited , geothermal electricity generation project , renewable energy Company , Peluang Kerja MANAGER ENGINEERING , Peluang Kerja MANAGER PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS , Tata Power